The Innovation Pole of Fortaleza is accredited as an EMBRAPII Unit to operate in the areas of competence of Embedded Systems and Digital Mobility, allowing companies in the industrial sector to develop innovative product and/or process designs.
The Unit provides, with technological innovation projects, the strengthening of a model focused on the competitiveness of small, medium and large companies in the industrial sector.
With a sustainable and independent approach, it reinforces the activities of applied research and the provision of technological services, with the following specific objectives:
- To establish itself as an important element of the National Innovation System, through the development of RD&I in response to the demands of the productive chains of all sectors of the economy and society;
- Adding skills in applied technologies and access new market segments, developing products and processes, offering high quality technological services and training qualified personnel for the various sectors of the economy;
- Performing applied research, technological development, consulting and technical advice aimed at meeting the demands for innovation of the actors of the productive chains of all sectors of society;
- Strengthening professional training, from technical courses to post-graduation, by inserting students in RD&I projects and technological services, in line with the demands and technological needs of productive chains related to specific skills, to perform in innovative activities developed in the Innovation Unit;
- To become an inductor for the innovation policies of the IFCE, developing actions to foster the culture of technological innovation in all the administrative units of the Federal Institute to which the Innovation Unit belongs and to the local, regional and national productive chains with a view to the regional and national development.
The actions of the Unit, as inductive agent, increase the use of the technological capacity of the IFCE in meeting the demands of applied research of industrial companies. Highlights of two projects already carried out in partnership with EMBRAPII:
- Data communication system for IoT devices focusing on IP management applications on smart cities and smartgrids with the company W3SAT;
- Platform of services and languages of programming in the local network as in the cloud with the Bematech company.
About the IFCE
The Innovation Pole of Fortaleza was operated by MEC Ordinance Number 819, dated August 13th, 2015 and inserted in the organizational structure of the Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Ceará -IFCE through Ordinance number 781/GR of November, 20th, 2015 with the objective of performing applied research, technological development, consulting and technical advice aimed at meeting the demands for innovation of the actors of the productive chains of all sectors of society.