Sustainability is a fundamental condition for the competitiveness of today’s industry. The SENAI Institute of Innovation for Green Chemistry develops industrial solutions using alternative techniques and renewable raw materials to create more efficient, lower-cost products and processes which reduce or eliminate the use and generation of substances harmful to human health and the environment.
Its Research, Development, and Innovation projects focus on technological approaches capable of preventing pollution, replacing toxic substances, and reducing the consumption of non-renewable resources. Installed in a 2,400 m² area in Rio de Janeiro, the institute has five state-of-the-art laboratories and a team of highly qualified specialists to meet industry demands.
LINE OF RESEARCH: Green Chemistry Technologies
Green Chemical Processes and Transformations;
Sustainable Methodologies and Technologies for Chemical Monitoring.
- Natural product extraction and process intensification laboratory;
- Development and analytical optimization laboratory;
- Waste treatment and reuse of water laboratory;
- Bioprocess Laboratory/Oil Laboratory;
- Ultra-performance liquid chromatography system coupled with a TQMS mass spectrometer;
- Online Extraction and Chromatography System in Supercritical Fluid coupled with a high-resolution QTOF mass spectrometer;
- Chromatography system in semi-preparative scales;
- Plasma induction spectroscopy system coupled with mass spectrometry;
- Supercritical Fluid Extractor;
- Pyrolysis reactor in subcritical water;
- Bioreactors, Photobioreactors, and High-Pressure Reactors.