The SENAI Institute of Innovation in Polymer Engineering is a unit accredited by EMBRAPII to develop RD&I projects in the field of Polymers, focusing on the Elastomers (Rubber), Plastics, Composites, Paints and Adhesives sub-areas.
It also has qualified professionals, infrastructure and modern equipment, able to meet the most diverse technological demands of the industry for the following sectors:
- Paper and Cellulose
- Plastics Processing
- Tires and tire repair
- Transformation of Rubber and Latex
- Composites manufacturing
- Paint Manufacturers
- Sticker Manufacturers
- Users of polymer products: Automotive, Naval, Construction, Agricultural, Electronics, Packaging, Oil & Gas, Energy, Defense, Sanitation, Mining, Food, Aeronautical, Footwear, Textile, Furniture, Transport, Health, School, Equipment, etc.
The following solutions provided by the Institute stand out:
- Development, structural analysis, simulation, formulation and optimization of processes, compositions and application-oriented polymer products
- Validation of application of new resins, additives, inputs, formulations, compositions and polymer products
- Replacement of conventional materials (metal, wood, ceramics, glass) with polymers
- Special, friendly, sustainable, intelligent and renewable-based polymer based products
- Polymeric-based products in compliance with technical requirements, national and international standards
- Recycling solutions and appreciation of residues in polymer matrices
About ISI Polímeros
The Institute was formed from the Polymeric Technology Center (CETEPO), founded in 1992. It is currently part of the network of innovation and technology institutes within the scope of the SENAI Program to Support the Competitiveness of the Brazilian Industry, coordinated by the National Confederation of Industry (CNI).
Since its accreditation as an EMBRAPII Unit in 2014, the Institute has already implemented more than 30 RD&I projects within this program, with a high level of satisfaction and the repurchase of the partner industries.