One of the largest engineering and research centers in Latin America, Coppe/UFRJ has been one of the most important agents in the field of innovation, science and technology in Brazil. Founded in 1963, the institution has trained more than 14 thousand masters and doctors in its 13 stricto sensu post-graduation programs (master’s and doctoral degrees). Coppe/UFRJ has 138 laboratories, which form one of the largest laboratory complexes in the country in the engineering area.
With its knowledge-based expertise, the institution is ready for the challenge of consolidating its contribution to maximize the competitiveness of the national industry through the development of new products, processes and services, maintaining several cooperation projects with universities and Brazilian and international entities. With two incubators and a High Performance Computing Nucleus, Coppe / UFRJ has recognized tradition in partnerships with public and private companies, having performed about 15 thousand contracts.
The EMBRAPII Coppe Unit will develop projects in the area of underwater engineering for oil and gas exploration, within the following lines of action:
- Submarine Pipes, Rigid and Flexible Risers and Medium and High Voltage Umbilical Cables
- Flow guarantee
- Structural Integrity Analysis and Risk Management
- Seismic and Reservoirs
- Digital Transformation
- Increased asset life
- Subsea Equipment
- Submarine Wells
- Advanced Recovery
- Decommissioning of Underwater Production Structures
- Optimization of Submarine Arrangements
Highlights for projects developed in partnership with EMBRAPII:
- Use of different methodologies to evaluate the stress corrosion behavior of dissimilar joints – Conducted by FMC Technologies and LNDC company – Non Destructive Testing, Corrosion and Welding Laboratory of the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Program of Coppe / UFRJ.
- Development of 2D and 3D visualization tools through augmented reality for ROCKLAB DIGITAL. Project carried out by the company that is in the Coppe/UFRJ – PETREC Petroleum Technology and Research LTDA Incubator and LAB2M – Multidisciplinary Modelling Laboratory – Coppe / UFRJ Civil Engineering Program.