Accredited for the development of R&I projects in Industrial Computing, the EMBRAPII EDGE-UFAL Unit is composed of a research team with complementary competencies and has a robust portfolio with more than 40 projects in automation, embedded device prototyping, and applied artificial intelligence solutions, among others.
Moreover, its laboratory infrastructure can train human resources and develop research and innovation activities in computation, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, electronics, automation, control, Internet of Things (IoT), and robotics.
There are 12 computer labs, five of which are shared with undergraduate courses and graduate programs, and seven which are exclusively reserved for innovation projects.
The EMBRAPII EDGE-UFAL Unit is based on five values:
- Ethics and honesty in all respects;
- Commitment and dedication in the performance of activities;
- Proactivity in content, activities, and projects;
- Attendance and punctuality in the commitments made;
- Excellence and performance in results.
- About the EDGE Innovation Center
Created in 2015 to establish, in the state of Alagoas, a regional reference in research and development of software and hardware projects for the industry.