The IFSC – USP Institute of Physics of São Carlos is a pioneering institution in the industrial partnership that transforms science and knowledge into technology. It is recognized by the high scientific level and excellent infrastructure of laboratories. Throughout the last years, its researchers have contributed with several technological projects generating several new products in the market, which is a result of the partnership between laboratories and business sector.
Accredited as EMBRAPII Unit – Center for Research and Innovation in Biophotonics and Instrumentation, it meets the demands of research projects in the development of Biophotonics and Biophotonic Instrumentation in processes through the prospection of projects with the industries or directly in the unit.
The Center for Research and Innovation in Biophotonics and Instrumentation works in researches on the development of innovative products, systems and processes with companies through the following laboratories:
- Electronics and Prototyping (LIEPO)
- Microscopy and Microanalysis
- Instrumentation and Laser
- Animal Testing and Experimentation
- Mammalian Cells and Microorganisms
- Clinical Trials
- Optical Innovations for Ophthalmology and Agriculture (LIO2A)
- Radiotherapy and Phototherapy
- Scientific Metrology of Time and Frequency
- Crystallography of Proteins and Structural Biology
- Medical and Computational Chemistry
- Crystallography of Small Molecules
- Biotechnological Processes
- Mechanical and optical workshop support
- Central laboratory of technological support (LAT) that acts directly with the companies
In addition, it has numerous specialized laboratories to support projects.