AGROTEC – Bioeconomy in Agribusiness is the Embrapii Unit of the Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS) accredited to work in the area of Applied Technologies with the underlines:
- Food technology;
- Bioinputs; and
- Technologies for the sustainability of agribusiness.
The unit’s technical and scientific team is multidisciplinary and recognized within the national and international context. With extensive experience in developing and executing RD&I projects in bioeconomy, the team acts synergistically to deliver innovative products and processes while preparing excellent professionals to enter the job market
The main products developed by the unit are:
- Use of peels and seeds of fruits from the cerrado;
- Drinks with native fruits;
- Bioinputs of bioactive compounds with antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and insecticidal properties;
- Bioinputs for meat production;
- Development of products and processes with by-products;
- Shelf life extension;
- Jellies, crystallized sweets and others;
- Breadmaking, from fruits of the cerrado;
- Various dairy products;
- Quality and food safety protocols;
- Traceability and labeling;
- Among others.
The unit has three laboratories with different and complementary equipment:
- Laboratory for the Purification of Proteins and their Biological Functions (LPPFB), a multi-user laboratory and three times winner of the Finep Innovation Award in the Science and Technology Institution (ICT) category;
- Food Technology Unit (UNITAL), a technological park focused on the development and industrial processing of food;
- Farm School (FAMEZ), an area with several laboratories focused on applied research in various areas of agribusiness
Agrotec: Bioeconomy in Agribusiness is able to serve small, medium and large companies that work with products and processes that guarantee the sustainability of the production chain.