CIn-UFPE develops, as an EMBRAPII Unit, projects in the area of Vehicle Technologies and Systems. Its focuses are on Automotive Systems, Software for Vehicle Systems, and Vehicle Automation, Modeling and Safety. The Center’s objective is to become a national reference in the vehicular sector, working with hardware and software solutions in R,D&I projects throughout its value chain.
Since 2000, CIn-UFPE has worked in partnership with companies. Over R$ 450 million have already been raised in projects, with more than 50 companies, in different segments. The EMBRAPII Unit CIn-UFPE serves the vehicular segment, but also transversal sectors that have the “vehicle” as the focus of innovation. Examples of sectors are transportation, machinery, civil construction, agriculture, defense and aerospace, environmental, energy, retail, utilities, insurance, media and entertainment, software and services, among many others.
For the execution of the projects, CIn-UFPE has several laboratories, with complementary skills, within its area of operation as an EMBRAPII Unit:
– National Institute of Science and Technology for Software Engineering – INES
– 4G Laboratory, including 2 Faraday Cages
– Innovation Laboratory for Smart Cities – LIVE
– Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence
– Laboratory of User eXperience and eXtended Realities – UX2R
– Multi-User Laboratory for Technological Innovation in Next Generation Communications and Energy Efficiency – LICGEE
– Entrepreneurial Connections Laboratory – Pitch
– Laboratory for Prototyping & Technological Innovation – SandPit
– VOXAR labs laboratory, specializing in Spatial Computing, encompassing Computer Vision, Extended Realities (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality) and 3D Modeling and Simulation
The Center for Informatics at UFPE, with more than 45 years, is one of the most renowned centers of teaching and research in computing in Brazil and Latin America. For encouraging entrepreneurship, it is the place of origin of several successful companies that started as startups in the Center. From private partnerships, it also stands out as an important partner for companies that seek to innovate in their products and services. CIn-UFPE is characterized by pioneering spirit and innovation and the essence that gave rise to the Center remains today: boldness, creativity, and orientation to the future.